HONORING GOD, COUNTRY, AND FAMILIES WHO SERVE

CKFF Values – Loyalty

CKFF Values – Loyalty Loyalty. A simple word with life-changing meaning. Loyalty to God, country, and family shaped Chris’s and my life and continues to drive our mission at Chris Kyle Frog Foundation. When Chris and I started our lives together, we were full of hope. We thought it would be easy to remain loyal to God, country, and family. Maybe we were naïve, but we were devoted to all with unquestioned passion. And we thought it would be easy. As time passed and we experienced things we could never have predicted, we saw what many before us had already learned: nothing in life is quite that simple. Even when your values are aligned, loyalty can be tenuous. It’s often tested. Our country let us down at times, as countries will. The threats against our family seemed endless. But loyalty to each other saved us. As we fought off these threats, we lost trust in earthly things – but we grew to understand human frailties. Our struggles blessed us with a chance to see how ultimately we are not in control yet still have God to lean on. We put our hope in God, and God saw us through. God was ever loyal to us. He never left us. He became stronger in our weakness. Along the way, we came to understand more fully God’s loyalty. He loves us not because of who we are, but because of who He is. We discovered how powerful He is. And we learned that we could share His strength by simply starting a conversation with Him. Through our personal interactions with God and the people who... Read More

March Update from Taya

I am so grateful to all of you who support Chris Kyle Frog Foundation and our mission to Honor God, Country, and Families Who Serve by caring for military and first responder marriages. Why are these marriages in need of our support? Because all marriages need help sometimes. When you add the fight against evil, trauma in the streets, fear for the safety of spouses, an inability to commit to plans due to job requirements, among other things, these marriages take more hits than most. The best way to serve those who serve us is to preserve the foundation they come home to. Did you know that only about 1% of our citizens serve? The remaining 99% of us can show our gratitude by helping these families survive, and ideally thrive, while serving. A healthy marriage changes the dynamic for the individuals, the family unit and future generations who see their parents keep love alive even through life’s setbacks. The CKFF team and I are so excited to be able to include a phenomenal program to our mix this year. Our Mastering Your Marriage program is launching through a partnership with both Baylor University and University of Texas. With your support, we were able to provide grants for research for military and first responder marriages specifically. Benefits of the research will go directly back into the couples you have entrusted us to serve. CKFF’s Revitalization Retreats, Date Night Out and Empowered Spouses Retreats have already changed lives in astounding ways. I believe this is because God is at the core of what we do. He brings us together to serve one... Read More

2016 Holiday Grant to Camp Southern Ground

2016 Holiday Grant to Camp Southern Ground It is with great honor that we present our 2016 Holiday Grants, a total of $300,000 to three organizations that further expand our mission and commitment to serving military and first responder marriages and families. Last week, we announced $200,000 in Holiday Grants to the Diana R. Garland School of Social Work at Baylor University and The University of Texas at Austin School of Social Work to help launch our new Mastering Your Marriage program. Today, my heart is full as I share with you the story of the third $100,000 recipient of our 2016 Holiday Grants – Camp Southern Ground. Camp Southern Ground is a state of the art campground built on a beautiful piece of property in Georgia where the grass is green, the trees are tall, and you can feel positive energy. Our friends Zac and Shelly Brown created Camp Southern Ground with heart and vision we trust. You can feel their passion for blessing others through this camp. Their patriotism is a big part of it. They have employed veterans and allowed us to name an obstacle course after Chris in honor of those who serve in addition to committing use of the camp for our marriage retreats and military children. Every detail has been designed for the health and therapeutic benefit for campers. Physical opportunities incorporate team building and exploration of new abilities. There is an organic garden for campers to learn about health and food. They tend to the garden and enjoy the food they pick prepared by top-notch chefs. Foods aren’t just gluten and dairy-free; they are delicious! I had the opportunity to meet Chef... Read More

The Choice to Love

The Choice to Love I once heard a pastor in a wedding ceremony say, “Sometimes in marriage, you will not feel ‘in love’. On those days you will choose to love.” In society today I feel like people want so much handed to them instead of accepting and appreciating the reward in working for something. We don’t get jobs and promotions simply by wishing it were so. We have to work to get the paycheck and ️sometimes we have to muscle through the times when we don’t want to work, but are expected to, in order to get the paycheck or the reward for our efforts. Marriage is no different. We don’t magically have a feeling that lasts for years without work. We don’t get years of uninterrupted bliss with another person. No marriage, no soulmates, no relationships, no two people cruise along without any effort for years on end. I was talking with some friends this weekend. They have been married for 20 years and she expressed how much she has grown by sticking through the hard times. It’s what most happily married people will tell you: it took work; with that work they grew much more than they ever would have alone. They achieved depth and richness in love that they wouldn’t have gotten if they had given up. When you work through difficulties, you find the true power of marriage. The beauty and the magic happen when you stay through the trials. In marriage, you have the ability to learn more about yourself and your partner than in just about any other adventure in life. You learn grace, mercy, forgiveness... Read More

Empowered Spouses Retreat Launch

Empowered Spouses Retreat Launch Recently, one of my dreams came true in the mountains of Wyoming. Twenty first-responder and military spouses from across the country set their lives aside to venture into the wilderness for a brand new program they knew little about, the Empowered Spouses Retreat. They were prepared to commune with women they didn’t know and to engage in activities unfamiliar to them. These women are brave in every sense of the word. Many had previously been part of another unique program we offer, Revitalization Retreats. These events are tailor-made for individual couples that provide a weekend away with their spouse without the stresses of service life. I would like to think some of these spouses trusted our team from experiences with our other programs, but this adventure still required tremendous courage. Just showing up was courageous. (Did I mention there was no cell phone reception and very little Wi-Fi access?) Many of these brave women had never been away from their children for longer than a few hours, and certainly most had never left them for five days to travel to an area where they couldn’t be reached! Our destination was remote and our accommodations were cabins with bunk beds and shared bathrooms. Truly like a really cool summer camp, but for grown women. When Chris was alive, I had a dream of bringing spouses together to share their experiences and to support each other. Knowing you aren’t alone in your battles can be one of the most healing things a person can experience. Just knowing that someone might have answers and is willing to share them with you, knowing... Read More

Celebrating Veterans Day and CKFF’s Anniversary

Celebrating Veterans Day and CKFF’s Anniversary Dear Friends, Like many of you, I am surprised when milestones come along. It reminds me how quickly time flies. A year ago today, the Chris Kyle Frog Foundation (CKFF) whose mission is to honor God and Country by serving families who serve, officially became a reality. So much has happened in just one year! My children and I have been blessed to travel this country meeting many of you, hearing your stories of both the challenges and the joys of service. We feel fortunate to connect those who serve with those who stand along side our service members in passionate support. No matter what we hear in the media, there is a beautiful majority of people out there who do get it! The team at CKFF took a leap of faith. We started down a path that seemed overwhelming at the time. A path serving a niche not being helped. We envisioned a foundation serving marriages of first responders and military members, and our passion came with lofty goals. I am relieved and emotional to tell you, we are making a difference. We do it with prayer and we do it with all of you! Without a doubt we are nothing without your support, and we are grateful! Less than 1% of our citizens have agreed to give their lives to this country in military or first responder service. Chris said, “You don’t have to be a warrior to have that warrior spirit.” What can the other 99% of us do to show the spirit Chris talked about? We can stand for those who serve. We can prevent... Read More